Frequently asked questions
Am I currently able to fly to Tel Aviv?
Our Covid-19 Travel Advisor includes everything from comprehensive info on travel advice reports to the latest quarantine rules. Be sure to check it out before booking your airfare to Tel Aviv.
If I am not able to travel because of COVID-19, can I change or cancel?
For all info regarding altering flights due to COVID-19, take a look at our Customer Service Portal. Also, it’s always smart to scan through your chosen carrier’s terms and conditions before you make a booking.
Which airlines fly to Tel Aviv?
You can select from 2 airlines that run services to Ben Gurion Airport (TLV), the leading airport in the city. Among all that choice, you’re bound to score a fabulous deal. Here are a few of the favorite international airlines that’ll get you to Tel Aviv — and then exploring every inch of this city:
- El Al - 261 flights to Tel Aviv per month
- Turkish Airlines - 142 flights to Tel Aviv per month
- UIA - 122 flights to Tel Aviv per month
What is the best airport to fly to in Tel Aviv?
Search for an amazing flight deal to Ben Gurion Airport (TLV). It’s the city’s main airport and is situated roughly 7 miles southeast of the downtown area. Once you’ve walked out of arrivals, it won’t be long before you’re ticking off the sights of Tel Aviv.
How much is a flight to Tel Aviv?
The cost for a round-trip flight to Tel Aviv this last week ranged between $234 and $396. If you were flying one-way from London (LHR), you could have bagged fares from as low as $145.
How to book the cheapest flight to Tel Aviv?
Using Orbitz, you’ll uncover some of the best flight deals around from a huge range of airlines. But if you’d like to boost your prospects of landing cheap flights to Tel Aviv, here are some pointers to consider:
- Depending on where you’re leaving from, select the ‘Nearby airports’ function (located under the departure and arrival options). From time to time, alternative departure points offer cheaper airfares.
- Similarly, click on the ‘Show flexible dates’ link to compare the fares on days around your chosen departure. It’s possible to find cheaper flight deals if your itinerary is flexible.
- To filter your results, hit ‘Show options.’ You can search based on seating class, airlines, nonstop flights and refundable flights. You can also select the time of day you’d like to fly under ‘Sort & Filter’ to the left.
- If you’ve sorted your travel dates, don’t drag your feet booking a flight. Ticket prices generally get more expensive as the departure date gets closer.
- Combine your hotels, flights and car rentals into one convenient package deal. Save your hard-earned money for things that really excite you, like exploring Tel Aviv.
- If it’s an option, avoid traveling in peak seasons. Airfares are often at their highest during summer, school breaks and around other vacation times like Easter and Christmas.
What is the best time to book a flight to Tel Aviv?
If possible, book your seats to Tel Aviv in January. This is the best month for low airfares, followed by February and August. With a little planning, you’re sure to find a cheap flight with Orbitz.
What day of the week is the cheapest to book a flight to Tel Aviv?
To pick up an incredible flight deal, make a booking on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. These are generally the cheapest days to book tickets to Tel Aviv.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Tel Aviv?
Everyone loves saving money, so we suggest going earlier in the week for cheap flights to Tel Aviv. Orbitz data from 2020 suggests you can secure the best prices on flights taking off on Mondays. Tuesday is the next most affordable day, while Saturdays are the most expensive. Many people tend to travel when the working week is over, so leave those Saturdays for catching up with friends.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Tel Aviv?
Fly sometime in August if you don’t want to eat into your budget. Orbitz data shows that this is generally the best month for cheap flights to Tel Aviv. June is when airfares are at their most expensive.
Which airlines allow free cancellation?
Things change, and we think your flight should be able to do the same. That’s why Orbitz makes it easy to search for fares with no change fees and free cancellation. Just enter your travel details and then choose “Filter by flexible change policies.” Now that’s peace of mind!
What do I need for the flight to Tel Aviv?
A lengthy flight can be daunting, but it’s nothing a little preparation can’t fix. We’ve compiled our top tips to ensure your trip is as smooth as possible:
- Nothing is more important than your identification documents. Which to bring and how many depend on whether you’re flying domestic or international. Be sure to double check with your airline. In both cases, you’ll need to show some sort of government-issued ID.
- Bring some extra entertainment for your long trip to Tel Aviv. If you’ve had enough of watching movies, give your eyes a break from all that screen time and listen to an audio book.
- Long-haul flights are known to get very cold, especially if you’re flying overnight. If you don’t want to curl up to the stranger beside you for warmth, bring a warm layer and some wool socks.
How many direct flights are there to Tel Aviv?
Each month, there are 380 direct flights into Tel Aviv. Take your pick of a range of airline companies, including El Al, Israir Airlines and Turkish Airlines. Other well-known carriers that operate flights to Tel Aviv nonstop are Wizz Air, Blue Bird Airways and Ryanair.
How do I get cheap first-class/business deals to Tel Aviv?
If you think a first or business-class ticket is out of your price range, you may want to think again. Here are a few practical tips to help you nab a premium flight to Tel Aviv for less:
- Flexibility is key. By being open to a variety of travel dates, you’ll have better odds of spotting a sale on business or first-class airfares.
- Budget airlines offer first or business-class seating at a fraction of the normal price. Skip the full-service carriers and look up these cheaper options.
- Take advantage of your airline’s loyalty program and upgrade your seat. Alternatively, you can try bidding for an upgrade in an online auction.
How to get into Tel Aviv from the airport?
Zip into downtown Tel Aviv with a Ben Gurion Airport (TLV) car rental. There are two outlets at Ben Gurion Airport (TLV) — Alamo and Budget. Once you’ve signed the papers and have the keys in your hand, the city center is a journey of 7 miles to the northwest of TLV. Another popular option is to take a taxi into town and rent a car from one of our Tel Aviv car rentals. Whatever you decide, when you book with Orbitz, you know you’ll always be getting a top deal!
What is the best time to go to Tel Aviv?
Anytime is a fantastic time to head to Tel Aviv, but are the most popular months. As with most of the Northern Hemisphere, the summer begins June 20. If you’d like to spend your days in a short-sleeved top than a thick winter coat, this time of the year would be ideal. Expect average daytime highs of 85undefined and nightly lows around 75undefined.
Travel tips for Tel Aviv
- Get into your most comfortable kicks and explore this busy city on foot. There are tons of terrific attractions you shouldn’t miss, such as Gordon Beach and Carmel Market.
- If you’re up for a fun day trip, there are more sights to mark off a quick drive out of town. Find out why Western Wall and Temple Mount are on the must-do lists of many Tel Aviv visitors.
- Eager to wander the streets of Israel’s other great cities? Organize a car rental and set your GPS to Jerusalem or Nazareth. With your own ride, exploring those off-radar destinations will also be easy.