Learn ethical hacking for cybersecurity with the best Ethical hacking tutorials for beginners in 2022
1. Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch
Become an ethical hacker that can hack computer systems like black hat hackers and secure them like security experts.
This course is focused on the practical side of penetration testing without neglecting the theory behind each attack. Before jumping into penetration testing, you will first learn how to set up a lab and install needed software to practice penetration testing on your own machine. All the attacks explained in this course are launched against real devices in my lab.
The course is structured in a way that will take you through the basics of linux, computer systems, networks and how devices communicate with each other. We will start by talking about how we can exploit these systems to carry out a number of powerful attacks. This course will take you from a beginner to a more advanced level — by the time you finish, you will have knowledge about most penetration testing fields.
The course is divided into four main sections:
1. Network Penetration Testing — This section will teach you how to test the security of networks, both wired and wireless. First, you will learn how networks work, basic network terminology and how devices communicate with each other. Then it will branch into three sub sections:
- Pre-connection: in this section, we still don’t know much about penetration testing — all we have is a computer with a wireless card. You will learn how gather information about the networks and computers around you and launch a number of attacks without a password, such as controlling the connections around you (ie: deny/allow any device from connecting to any network). You will also learn how to create a fake access point, attract users to connect to it and capture any important information they enter.
- Gaining Access: Now that you have gathered information about the networks around you and found your target, you will learn how to crack the key and gain access to your target network. In this section you will learn a number of methods to crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption.
- Post Connection: Now you have the key to your target network and you can connect to it. In this section you will learn a number of powerful attacks that can be launched against the network and connected clients. These attacks will allow you to gain access to any account accessed by any device connected to your network and read all the traffic used by these devices (images, videos, audio, passwords …etc).
2. Gaining Access — In this section you will learn two main approaches to gain full control over any computer system:
- Server Side Attacks: In this approach you will learn how to gain full access to computer systems without the need for user interaction. You will learn how to gather information about a target computer system such as its operating system, open ports, installed services and discover weaknesses and vulnerabilities. You will also learn how to exploit these weaknesses to gain full control over the target. Finally you will learn how to generate different types of reports for your discoveries.
- Client Side Attacks — If the target system does not contain any weaknesses then the only way to gain access to it is by interacting with the user. In this approach you will learn how to launch a number of powerful attacks to fool the target user and get them to install a backdoor on their device. This is done by creating fake updates and serving them to the user or by backdoornig downloaded files on the fly. You will also learn how to gather information about the target person and use social engineering to deliver a backdoor to them as an image or any other file type.
3. Post Exploitation — In this section you will learn how to interact with the systems you compromised so far. You’ll learn how to access the file system (read/write/upload/execute), maintain your access, spy on the target and even use the target computer as a pivot to hack other computer systems.
4. Web Application Penetration Testing — In this section you will learn how websites work. Then you will learn how to gather information about your target website, such as website owner, server location, used technologies and much more. You will also learn how to discover and exploit a number of dangerous vulnerabilities such as SQL injections, XSS vulnerabilities, etc.
At the end of each section you will learn how to detect, prevent and secure your system and yourself from these attacks.
All the attacks in this course are practical attacks that work against any computer device, ie: it does not matter if the device is a phone, tablet, laptop, etc. Each attack is explained in a simple way — first you will learn the theory behind each attack and then you will learn how to carry out the attack using Kali Linux.
2. Ethical Hacking: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
Ethical hacking is key to strengthening network security, and it is one of the most desired skills for any IT security professional.
In this course, you will learn:
- the importance of ethical hacking.
- the basics in getting started securing your own network.
If you are interested in becoming an ethical hacker, or getting started securing your own network, this introduction is for you. The course will help you to explores today’s threat landscape, dissecting the top attack vectors and motives for attacks.
It identifies a variety of ways to secure an organization, explores policies that help enforce security objectives.
3. Ethical Hacking Ultimate Course
This comprehensive course will cover all aspects of Ethical Hacking as well as integration with Kali Linux. However, this isn’t just a normal theory based courses, but it is an extremely hands-on course, so you will not only read the fundamentals, but you will actually get to work with them using projects! Learning and getting hands-on on Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing will opens many doors for your career. There are lot of career opportunities in Cyber Security Industry, and there is stunning and amazing opportunities coming in as IoT is becoming tomorrows future.
At the end of this extensive course, you will not only have the knowledge of complete Ethical Hacking, but you will also be able to start your very own career in ethical hacking, as well learn to safe guard your own devices against malicious hackers. This course has been designed as a one-stop-shop for all your Ethical hacking needs!
4. Ethical Hacking: Understanding Ethical Hacking
This course will significantly benefit security officers, network administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of their network infrastructure.
The course includes:
- The Truth About Living in a Technology Based World
- Overview of the CEH Certification Program
- How to Build a Lab to Hack Safely
- Installing and Configuring Your Windows Server VMs
- Installing and Configuring Your Desktop VMs
- Information Security Overview
- Security Threats and Attack Vectors
- Hacking Concepts
You will learn to start thinking and looking at your network through the eyes of malicious attackers. You will learn to understand the motivation of an attacker.
It is the duty of all System Admins and Security Professionals to protect their infrastructure from not only outside attackers but also attackers within your company.
You will cover the terminology used by attackers, the difference between “hacking” and “ethical hacking”, the phases of hacking, the types of attacks on a system, what skills an Ethical Hacker needs to obtain, types of security policies, why Ethical Hacking is essential, how to be in the “know” of what’s happening in the hacking world, who a “hacker” is, what are the biggest security attack vectors.
5. The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced!
Learn how to do ethical hacking, penetration testing, web testing, and wifi hacking using kali linux.
Gain the ability to do ethical hacking and penetration testing by taking this course! Get answers from an experienced IT expert to every single question you have related to the learning you do in this course including installing Kali Linux, using VirtualBox, basics of Linux, Tor, Proxychains, VPN, Macchanger, Nmap, cracking wifi, aircrack, DoS attacks, SLL strip, known vulnerabilities, SQL injections, cracking Linux passwords, and more topics that are added every month.
6. The Definitive Ethical Hacking Course — Learn From Scratch
Learn the Basics Of Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Wifi Hacking.
You are about to be introduced to one of the most powerful penetration testing platforms in the world. Kali Linux is one of the most versatile penetration testing platforms favored by ethical hackers.
This course will introduce you to Kali Linux and explain step by step how to install Kali Linux in a virtual environment on a Windows 10 machine.
You will learn how to install Kali Linux, set up the root username and password, install VirtualBox guest additions, Linux kernels and much more!
You will also be introduced to Nmap and how to use it for security scanning, port scanning and network exploration.
The videos will also guide you on how to install a wireless card within the virtual environment so you can scan wireless networks and devices and take advantage of many of the wireless security tools available in the Kali Linux environment.
You will also learn how hackers use Malware to infect a victim’s computer. In addition, you will also be introduced to Python and how to use it for ethical hacking purposes.
Take this course today and start your Ethical Hacking journey now!
7. Ultimate Ethical Hacking Boot Camp — Beginner to Pro
Learn Ethical Hacking from world-famous Hacker Bryan Seely. Learn real hacker secrets from the real thing.
Learn Ethical Hacking from a world famous Ethical Hacker who has professional endorsements from people like Mark Cuban Billionaire tech entrepreneur, Star of Shark Tank, and the legendary cybersecurity expert John McAfee.
This course is jam packed with content and will take an absolutely beginner in cybersecurity & ethical hacking from zero to being able to actually hack wireless routers, crack passwords, and understand the reasons why those things work. You will be getting live video demonstrations, lectures, and in some video’s ill be on camera explaining something.
We talk about the process of hacking, from gathering information in the Recon phase, to more involved looks at our targets in the scanning phase. Enumeration and System hacking bring the basic “hacking process” to a close, but that is not the end of things, far from it.
Many of today’s large hacks and data breaches that you see all over the news are the result of very clever & persistent social engineers. Social Engineers figure out that you can’t always hack the machines, and sometimes its much easier to hack the unsuspecting person using the machine. Learn valuable skills in conducting Social Engineering Penetration Tests as well as how to protect against social engineering attacks.
You are going to enjoy the demos in the course as they will walk you through the whole process and not just the highlights. You can follow along with every single demo and make them into practice courses for yourself.
In just a few hours, you will already be figuring out new ways to use the software tools and tricks I have shown you and come up with new things to try. It is kind of addicting once you get into it.
8. The Complete Ethical Hacking Course for 2016/2017!
Gain the knowledge hackers use to compromise systems and use it to protect your own.
It will cover the following topics in this course:
- Introduction to ethical hacking
- Linux installation, terminal basics, and Wireshark Setup
- Staying anonymous online, proxy servers, and accessing the dark side of the internet using TOR
- Aircrack-ng, HashCat, and wifi hacking
- Defending your own networks from attacks
- Cloning websites
- Arduino USB keylogger that works out of the box for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
- Windows power shell scripting
9. Ethical Hacking Fundamental Course — Learn From Scratch
Network & Security , kali linux , Ethical Hacking , Cyber Security , CISSP , Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing.
- This Cyber Security Training will immerse the students into an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems.
- The lab intensive environment gives each student in-depth knowledge and practical experience with the current essential security systems.
- This course is a Complete Course of Ethical Hacking and Pentesting .
10. Introduction To Python For Ethical Hacking
Learn How To Use Python for Ethical Hacking and Build an Nmap Network Scanner from Scratch.
This course is strictly for information use only. The course lessons have been designed within a closed network. None of these techniques should be used on public networks as there are serious consequences if you are caught.
You will learn the basics of Python and learn how to install Python on Kali Linux. You will also discover the world of PyCharm and its basic functionality. You will also learn how to install modules including Nmap. You will be introduced to indentation and other basic functions in Python. After taking this course, you will know some of the basic commands in Python, conditional statements, lists, arrays and dictionaries. You will also be introduced to strings and how to manipulate strings. Learn how to manage, read and manipulate files and functions in Python. By the end of this course, you will be able to build your very own Nmap network scanner and your very own brute force password cracker to perform ethical hacking with.
11. Build an Advanced Keylogger using C++ for Ethical Hacking!
Take this course to learn how to code a fully functional keylogger in C++ for use in Windows.
If you want to learn to code at an advanced level in C++ or build your own fully functional advanced keylogger from scratch for learning ethical hacking, I think you might love this course. In this course you will see exactly how to create an advanced keylogger starting from nothing by literally following the steps I take as I make it.
This keylogger is capable of recording all the keyboard and mouse input! It can even record independent of the language settings because it logs the physical keys on the keyboard first. Next, by using an arbitrary keymap with human friendly names, it translates the machine keys to something that we can understand. It also possesses mail sending capabilities so you can just schedule the logfile to be sent via mail, lets say every 12 hours. In addition to this, it will also keep the logfile encrypted. Therefore, we will create another program which will be able to decrypt the logfile on your end.
For learning C++, this is an ideal course because it is completely hands on learning that provides a functional end product. Some future features that will be added to the keylogger course as I develop them will include but are not limited to taking screenshots, capturing clipboard content (copy-paste), recording website URLs, and so on! Take this course now to get immediate access to the videos and to get answers to every single question you ask in the course.
12. The Ultimate Ethical Hacking Course 2017-Real world example
Professional Level Ethical Hacking & Penetration testing from Beginner to Advanced — From Real World Experience.
If you are wanting to learn Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing to a Professional Standard, and work online to help companies secure their data, you will love this Udemy Course.
In this highly practical course, you will learn from a Certified Professional Hacker & Penetration tester. You will get practical details about what a modern pen-tester must have in order to be a professional level Penetration Tester.
This course covers, Computer Attacks, Networks Attacks, Web Applications Penetration Testing and Security, Exploits, VAPT, Automated Attacks, Firewall & AV Evasion, Veil-Evasion, DARKNET, Wireless attacks, Social-Engineering attacks, Best Commercial Tools and my tips at professional level from real world examples of penetration testing.
This course has been designed so students from non-technical background can learn with ease and use these skills to be a good Penetration Tester.
All the modules are independent, so you can start any module you want, but I recommend to learn the course in chronological order.
13. Master in Wi-Fi ethical Hacking
This course is based on the latest tools and complete practical base. This course on Wi-Fi hacking explains the different techniques, which you can hack the WEP, WPA/WPA2 and WPS Wi-Fi router. Continuously updated with new techniques, attacks and Security.
Cracking a wireless network is defeating the security of a wireless LAN. A commonly used wireless LAN is a wifi network. Wireless LANs have inherent security weaknesses.
You will learn:
- Cracking any WIFI network passwords
- De-Authentication or DOS attack
- WIFI jamming
- How to protect your Wireless network
- Creating Fake Wi-Fi access point
- Different tools to hack wifi network
Thank you for reading this. We have curated top tutorials on more subjects, you would like to see them:
Update: We have created the latest version of top Ethical Hacking tutorials. Feel free to checkout the best Ethical Hacking tutorials of the year.
Disclosure: We may get a small affiliate commission if you buy a course through links on this page. Thank you.
Which ethical hacking course is best for beginners? ›
- Learn Ethical Hacking From Scratch. ...
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course [Udemy] ...
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst [Coursera] ...
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking [Pluralsight] ...
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals [edX] ...
- Complete Ethical Hacking Bootcamp 2022: Zero to Mastery.
- InfoSec Institute.
- Offensive Security.
- Hacker House.
- Ethical Hacking on the Rise.
Great Learning Academy offers free Ethical Hacking course online. Enroll in the course and learn Ethical Hacking fundamentals and also gain in-depth knowledge of various concepts online.Where can I learn hacking for free online? ›
- Fundamentals of Computer Hacking – Udemy. ...
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking – Great Learning. ...
- Ethical Hacking – Basics (Kali 2021) – Udemy. ...
- Learn Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Online – Udemy. ...
- Edureka Cyber Security course. ...
- Penetration Testing – Discovering Vulnerabilities.
There are three well-known types of hackers in the world of information security: black hats, white hats and grey hats. These colored hat descriptions were born as hackers tried to differentiate themselves and separate the good hackers from the bad.Which hacker course is best? ›
- Learn Ethical Hacking Online – (LinkedIn)
- Become An Ethical Hacker–(LinkedIn Learning)
- Penetration Testing And Ethical Hacking (Cybrary)
- Ethical Hacking Course for Beginners and Experts (Pluralsight)
- Cybersecurity Certification by University of Maryland (Coursera)
|Invicti (formerly Netsparker)||Windows & Web-based||Web Application Security for Enterprise.|
|Intruder||Cloud-based||Computer & Network security.|
|Nmap||Mac OS, Linux, OpenBSD, Solaris, Windows||Computer security & Network management.|
|Metasploit||Mac OS, Linux, Windows||Security|
According to Payscale, those with a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) credential earn a median base pay of $82,966—more than $3,000 more than the average for all ethical hackers .What do hackers study? ›
An individual planning to become a hacker will need to learn about programming, which is considered to be a vital step. A variety of software programs are now available that make hacking easier, however, if you want to know how it is done, you will definitely need to have basic knowledge about programming.Can I learn hacking at home? ›
The simple answer to this question is yes. You can learn ethical hacking on your own. However, it is a field that requires quite a high level of expertise that will only come from practice and experience.
Which language is used for hacking? ›
Exploit Writing: Python is a general-purpose programming language and used extensively for exploit writing in the field of hacking. It plays a vital role in writing hacking scripts, exploits, and malicious programs.Is hacking easy? ›
The short answer: almost anyone can learn to hack. The longer answer is that it's a good fit for people with specific backgrounds and personality types. People who have some knowledge of computer programming and a baseline vocabulary to draw on would thrive in these learning environments.Can hacking be a career? ›
Common Careers in Ethical Hacking
Information Security Analyst. Security Analyst. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Ethical Hacker.
- Certified Ethical Hacker. ...
- Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester. ...
- Offensive Security Certified Professional. ...
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) ...
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
|Kevin Mitnick speaking at Cyber Incursion event 2018. He spoke about social engineering and its risks for users.|
|Born||Kevin David Mitnick August 6, 1963 Van Nuys, California, U.S.|
|Other names||The Condor, The Darkside Hacker|
The cliche is that hackers are geniuses. That's not true, hackers are generally stupid. The top three hacking problems for the last 10 years are "phishing", "password reuse", and "SQL injection". These problems are extremely simple, as measured by the fact that teenagers are able to exploit them.Which is best course for cyber security? ›
- IBM. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst. ...
- EC-Council. Ethical Hacking Essentials (EHE) ...
- (ISC)² Incident Response, BC, and DR Concepts. ...
- (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity. ...
- New York University. Introduction to Cyber Security. ...
- EC-Council. ...
- EC-Council. ...
- University of London.
A candidate for an ethical hacker job must be able to demonstrate advanced cybersecurity technical skills. The ability to recommend mitigation and remediation strategies are a part of the desired experience. To become an ethical hacker a candidate must understand networks, both wired and wireless.What is ethical hacker salary? ›
According to Payscale, those with a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) credential earn a median base pay of $82,966—more than $3,000 more than the average for all ethical hackers .Which language is best for ethical hacking? ›
Three of the best programming languages for ethical hacking are PHP, Python, and SQL.
Can I learn ethical hacking after 12th? ›
Several colleges conduct entrance exams before taking student admission. In order to be eligible to sit for the entrance exam, students must complete their 10+2 with a minimum of 50 per cent marks. In order to pursue a career as an ethical hacker one needs to complete his or her bachelor's course.What is the salary of hacker in Google? ›
As per Glassdoor, an ethical hacker salary in Google per month is around INR 5 lakhs!What skills do ethical hackers need? ›
- Information security and ethical hacking.
- Reconnaissance techniques.
- System hacking phases and attack techniques.
- Network and perimeter hacking.
- Web application hacking.
- Wireless network hacking.
- Penetration Tester.
- Vulnerability Assessor.
- Information Security Analyst.
- Security Analyst.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Ethical Hacker.
- Security Consultant.
- Security Engineer/Architect.
An individual planning to become a hacker will need to learn about programming, which is considered to be a vital step. A variety of software programs are now available that make hacking easier, however, if you want to know how it is done, you will definitely need to have basic knowledge about programming.Does hacking needs coding? ›
Programming is the most important skill that every hacker must master. Anything that is connected to the internet can be hacked. And anything that has digital security requires the knowledge of coding. This is why a hacker must be well-versed with multiple computer languages for hacking.Who Hacked NASA? ›
|Known for||Computer hacking|
|Characteristic||Korea (Rep. of)|
Ethical Hacker Qualifications
Besides having a minimum of a bachelor's degree, a professional ethical hacker should have plenty of experience in the area of network security, as well as a thorough understanding of various computer operating systems and the latest penetration software.
Is ethical hacker a good career? ›
A. Yes, it is a good career if you are interested in the ethical hacking and cybersecurity field but it requires a great knowledge of the whole IT field.How many years course is ethical hacking? ›
The shortest time it takes to learn ethical hacking is three months, and the longest time it takes is two years. Scholars who want to do a master's degree in hacking can sometimes learn ethical hacking for more than two years.